Would you like to represent the residents of Croxley Green and help keep it special? Then why not become a Parish Councillor. A Casual Vacancy has arisen in Dickinsons Ward. However, you don't have to live in Dickinsons Ward to represent the residents there.
This is a great opportunity for a resident of Croxley Green to join the Council. Please get in touch with us to find out more about the role. Prospective candidates will be invited to attend a Parish Council meeting at a later date
Application forms can be downloaded here.
To be eligible to become a councillor, you must:
• be over 18 years of age.
• be a British subject, or a citizen of the Irish Republic, a commonwealth country, a UK dependent territory or another country in the European community.
And meet at least one of the following:
• be on the Electoral Roll for the Parish
• live or work within the Parish and have done so for the last 12 months immediately before you are nominated.
• live within 4.8 kms (3 miles) of the Parish boundary.
You cannot stand if you:
• are employed by that council.
• have been declared bankrupt within the last five years if you have not repaid your debts.
• have been convicted of a criminal offence and sentenced to not less than three months imprisonment within the last five years.
• you hold a politically restricted post for another authority.
• you have been disqualified under any legislation relating to corrupt or illegal practices.
There is currently no deadline for applications.