You may choose to accept or decline our cookie usage.
The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government recently consulted on its White Paper: Planning for the Future which outlined their proposals for reforming the planning system in England, covering plan-making, development management, development contributions, and other related policy proposals.
The Council reviews every planning application submitted in Croxley Green and we understand how important the issues of planning and housing are to our community.
As the tier of government closest to the people of Croxley Green we always try to ensure we represent you, whether that be on a local or national issue, and our Planning & Development committee worked hard over multiple meetings to form a comprehensive response to all questions in the consultation as well as adding further comments we thought we needed to bring to the Government's attention.
We hope you take the time to read our response by following the link below.
Click thorugh to read a statement from the Elected Mayor of Watford and the Leaders of Hertsmere Borough Council and Three Rivers District Council on current Covid-19 situation.
We are aware that the website does not currently meet the new Website Content Accessibility Guidelines. The Parish Council is now undertaking the process of building a new website to meet the regulations.
Would you like to represent the residents of Croxley Green and help keep it special? Then why not become a Parish Councillor. A Casual Vacancy has arisen in Dickinsons Ward. However, you don't have to live in Dickinsons Ward to represent the residents there.
This is a great opportunity for a resident of Croxley Green to join the Council. Please get in touch with us to find out more about the role. Closing Date is Sunday 13th September 2020 and prospective candidates will be invited to attend a Parish Council meeting Thursday 24 September 2020 via Zoom.
Application forms can be downloaded here.
To be eligible to become a councillor, you must:
• be over 18 years of age.
• be a British subject, or a citizen of the Irish Republic, a commonwealth country, a UK dependent territory or another country in the European community.
And meet at least one of the following:
• be on the Electoral Roll for the Parish
• live or work within the Parish and have done so for the last 12 months immediately before you are nominated.
• live within 4.8 kms (3 miles) of the Parish boundary.
You cannot stand if you:
• are employed by that council.
• have been declared bankrupt within the last five years if you have not repaid your debts.
• have been convicted of a criminal offence and sentenced to not less than three months imprisonment within the last five years.
• you hold a politically restricted post for another authority.
• you have been disqualified under any legislation relating to corrupt or illegal practices.
Closing date to submit applications is Sunday 13 September 2020.