Today our Parish Rangers have installed 100 poppies in commemoration of the 100 years since the end of World War One.
The poppies have been installed along The Green, New Road, Dickinson's Square & Avenue and Yorke Road. These roads were chosen as they were the main residential streets in Croxley Green during WW1.
This year's Remembrance Day Parade which will take place on November 11. Details of the parade can be found at https://croxleygreen-pc.gov.uk/index.php/community/latest-news/1114-remembrance-day-parade.
In one month on November 11 2018 Croxley Green will come together to commemorate 100 years since the end of World War One.
For the special commemoration this year’s parade will be extended and will start from the Library. It will commence at 1:50pm making its way up New Road and then down The Green to All Saint’s Church for a service at 2:30pm.
There will then be a service of memorial, including a minute’s silence and laying of wreaths, at the War Memorial on The Green at approximately 3:20pm.
All residents are welcome and can join the end of the parade as it makes its way to All Saints’ Church if they wish.
There shall be some road closures for this event.
Please come and give due reverence to those who gave their day for our tomorrow.
Would you like to represent the residents of Croxley Green and help keep it special? Then why not become a Parish Councillor. A Casual Vacancy has arisen in Dickinsons Ward. However, you don't have to live in Dickinsons Ward to represent the residents there.
This is a great opportunity for a resident of Croxley Green to join the Council and find out more about how we work before our main election in May 2019.
This will also suit any younger people who are interested in Politics but feel that they might not be able to commit to a full election cycle and would like to learn more about how local government works. Plus it would look great on any UCAS application!
Application forms can be found at: http://croxleygreen-pc.gov.uk/index.php/information/forms or pop into our office to pick up a paper copy.
To be eligible to become a councillor, you must:
• be over 18 years of age.
• be a British subject, or a citizen of the Irish Republic, a commonwealth country, a UK dependent territory or another country in the European community.
And meet at least one of the following:
• be on the Electoral Roll for the Parish
• live or work within the Parish and have done so for the last 12 months immediately before you are nominated.
• live within 4.8 kms (3 miles) of the Parish boundary.
You cannot stand if you:
• are employed by that council.
• have been declared bankrupt within the last five years if you have not repaid your debts.
• have been convicted of a criminal offence and sentenced to not less than three months imprisonment within the last five years.
• you hold a politically restricted post for another authority.
• you have been disqualified under any legislation relating to corrupt or illegal practices.
The deadline for applications is Thursday October 18.
A new wooden barrier has been installed on the border of Weston Wood and Mill Lane.
It is hoped that this will deter parking from the area and stop the subsequent erosion of the woodland edge.